Senior Home Care Ideas for Mother’s Day Gifts
Mother’s Day is right around the corner! Maybe you’re stuck as to what to get your senior loved one that you care for. Being a caregiver means you give the greatest gift all year long, but Mother’s Day is a special day to show your care and love with a little extra something. After decades of gifts, you might be stumped on what to get the mother in your life this year. Here are a few senior home care ideas for both practical and pampering gifts.
No matter our age, everyone likes to be pampered at some point. Here are some great ideas to for your loved one to feel extra special this Mother’s Day.
- As we age, it gets more difficult to give ourselves even a simple pedicure. Your loved one may need the assistance of a senior home care provider for regular nail maintenance and health. For Mother’s Day, book that appointment for her to get some fresh polish and design on her toes to kick off sandal-wearing season right.
- Spa Day
- Maybe you want to do more than just nails. How about an entire spa day with relaxing massages, steam rooms, and fruity water? A spa day can be a great way to relieve stress, as well as the aches and pains an older body can feel. Do a bit of research first to make sure the spa is equipped to cater to elderly clients.
- A Gourmet Meal
- Whether you enlist the help of your senior home care team to prepare the meal at home or get all dressed up for a fancy night out on the town, your loved one will appreciate getting to enjoy some gourmet food that she doesn’t usually get to eat.
Some people appreciate a gift that is well thought out to make their everyday life easier. Here are some ideas for gifts that can help your loved one around the home.
- Kitchen Helpers
- Depending on what your loved one needs, she might find items that assist her in opening cans and unscrewing lids very helpful. Which can avoid causing her arthritic pain to flare and she can use it all year round. A senior home care provider can help with many kitchen chores when they visit, but having the tools on hand while they’re not there can make your loved one feel more independent.
- Senior Home Care Provider
- Speaking of senior home care providers, you might want to give the gift of someone coming into your loved one’s home. They are able to help with chores, cooking, and companionship! Services of a senior home care provider may be the perfect gift.
- Delivery Services
- Another practical gift is to sign up your loved one for delivery services when she finds it difficult to get to the store. Paying for the cost of the delivery service can make her more comfortable using it, especially when the weather is bad or she’s not feeling well.
Whatever you choose, your loved one is sure to appreciate the thought and care that went behind your choice.
If you or an aging loved one are considering hiring Senior Home Care in Chico, CA, talk to the caring staff at Partners in Care today. Serving El Dorado, Nevada, Yuba, Sutter, Sacramento, Placer, Butte, Glenn, Yolo, & Colusa Counties!
Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! (530) 268-7423
- Elder Care Tips for Senior Sun Safety - May 26, 2023
- How Companion Care at Home Can Help with Cognitive Impairment - May 19, 2023
- Home Care Assistance Activities for Your Introverted Senior - May 12, 2023